Hello! how is your weekend so far? Mine is really busy with
school works.L
However, I want to continue with my ‘Bend it like Beckham’ cross-cultural scenes’
summary. After I have been watching the movie for quite a while, I have started
to notice the contrast between the younger and older Indian generations’
thoughts in the movie. For example, their inspirations and future careers.
"Inspirations"
Jess’s inspiration and her parents’
inspiration are totally different. Jess has the photos of Beckham all around
her bedroom, while her parents have Sikh guru’s portrait at the living room of
their house. And whenever her mother has something to express about something,
she usually talks about it in front of Sikh guru’s portrait. This scene shows
me that Jess is more influenced by other culture and younger generation than
her own culture.
"Future career"
Also, when the soccer university offers her the scholarship,
she actually wants to go there, but her parents think different from her. Her
parents want Jess to study at the normal university to get a normal career/job
because they don’t want their daughter to become a single woman for her whole
life. Since, they have believed that if Jess becomes a professional soccer
player, no guys will marry her.
I will write my last blog really soon! Stay tunes people ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment